It’s the end of the world as we know it (And I Feel Fine)

I threw my arms about in an attempt to get my centre of gravity, my feet and the centre of the earth back in one straight line; to equilibrium. I felt my shoulder blades drawn together, the curve of my neck, and the weight of the blood in my hands. My heart roared. A roar, deep, full throated, not loud or obtrusive but calm and supremely confident as though aware of its power over all that beheld it (or didn’t). It was one of those moments when I actually understood the true and complete meaning of the sensation of belonging. A part of me wanted to run away from there, frightened by the colossal emotion, but there was another part, the one that prevailed, that wanted to just stand there and allow the power to wrap itself around me. The two emotions mixed in a sort of tickling sensation in the pit of my stomach. And I just stood there. Mesmerised.

It was my last examination at College of Engineering, Osmania University. I’d never again walk through these portals in the same capacity as I did today. It is the end of an era.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice and sweet post..
naaku full baadha vesindi ivalla aftrnoon..idey LAST ani coll lo(i'l miss this part of my life very much) but still life goes on..i hope v stay together forevr...

Anonymous said...

Its d end of d world as v know it, Goddess and v dun feel fine. v r nt going 2 get 2 c u evryday. It wil nvr b d same nemor :((
by writin dis post,u hv mad things all d mor difficult, Goddess!

Anonymous said...

Goddess,we dont have guts to write comments on this post. We,MFC, are planning a farewell party for you alone. Will you plzz come? When is it convenient for you?

Anonymous said...

v'll miss u goddess.:(( Not the worship,that wont end... v'll miss following u 2 the canteen, v'll miss hiding and seeing u near physics lab tree, v'll miss cumin 2 the BME dept for no reason at all, v'll miss u in college festivals,u looked like the Goddess of Goddesses on traditional day, v'll miss ur management in college festivals, v'll miss ur 9:58 entry 2 the college during sem exams,v'll miss seeing u give money 2 every beggar who came, v'll miss ur giggling with ur friends, v'll miss ur walk outs from coll magazine editorial board, v'll miss ur beautiful face, v'll miss everything about u...
UCE,OU will NEVER EVER be the same again.

Anonymous said...

The beautiful face..
The bright kohl eyes..
The ironic half smile..
The school girl charm..
The popular style statement..
The feminity..
The hope..
The grace..
The triumph..
The fastest human mind..
The brilliant ideas..
The entertaining speeches..
The last minute rescue..
The friendly advice..
The millions of giggles..
The genuine shock at people's incompetence..
The ever-changing cell number..
The never changing ringtone..
The passionate sportswoman..
The newspaper reader..
The gold medal fighter..
The CAT Goddess..

Anonymous said...

The Goddess!

Anonymous said...

The ironic half smile (YES!)..
The indifference to other's existence..
The scorn at other's opinion..
The merciless grammar check..
The indifference to other's waiting..
The 'I'm a Goddess, worship me' attitude..
The pride..
The contemptuous laugh..

That describes ur Goddess better than what you fools wrote!

@Srilakshmi,
What fake post! U feel emotional about ONLY one person in the college..

Thecky said...

Very nice post. Same way I felt about MGIT. Can I copy paste in my blog?

Thecky said...

The guy who posted above me is right at least in my case. I am emotional only about one person in my college. :)

Anonymous said...

Gooddddddesss, will miss uuu!

anon, SHUT UP!

 
Creative Commons License
Blog by Srilakshmi Chodavarapu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at srilu121@gmail.com.