"She is too young..."


Me1 (to myself): Well, well, well! It must have been rather an eye-opener, watching me make this report!
Me2 (in reply): No, I’m used to these bouts of brilliance! This is splendid!
Me1: The simple straight forward method never fails, remember!
Me2: And the analysis, particularly impressive!
Me1: The charts and graphs, what do you think?
Me2:  They charm the audience nearly as much as the analysis!
Me1: A well-made strategy report, made with care and attention is one of the most appealing expressions of human ingenuity I know of: a compact, neat, satisfying slice of human intelligence, a pleasure to look at, to  present, to own!
Me2: It beats me, sometimes, why a girl with such a genius, is satisfied to hang around here! With half your brains, one would have a shot at being the president or something!
By this time, we, err..I mean I, arrived at the third floor (that’s where the big guys sit). I cleared my throat and went into the conference hall, well content, looking sharp!
Now, in this hall, many a genius had been insulted, mocked at and jagged with contempt for five hundred years, and the flavour still lingered. The air is always sort of heavy and languorous, if you know what I mean. I don't know if you have ever seen those pictures of dictators with tilted chins and piercing eyes, inflaming the subordinates with fiery words on the slightest occasion! Now, you know what I mean!
Our VP, my boss, who was sitting with a bevy of the company nibs around him, sighted me as I entered and waved to me to join them, but I was too smart for that. I wedged myself in among the standees at the back, some HR guys who had come to ask for an appraisal, I think!
Me1: The essence of strategy on these occasions is to be as far as possible from your boss, ahem!
Me2:  Superb stra…
"Srilakshmi! Are you ready then!"
Yes, of course!
Me1 (to Me2 as a quick note): The initial atmosphere of uncomfortable restraint is only because I’m too well-equipped for this!
Well..
Me (jested with Me2 as a last minute note): There cannot be a thing better than dictate the spending of somebody else’s money! 
I’ve had my embarrassing moments; and in the one that occurred now it came home to me that now I was not talking to myself, as I had imagined, but confiding intimate personal 'gyan' sessions to the august gathering!
I checked myself abruptly, and with a slight decrease of amiability and with a sense of urgency slipped into a brisk incisive style of speech. This one, I had practised in the mirror some six times last night, so it came out effortlessly.
Everyone seemed attentive, and my presentation, rallying after an embarrassing start, was plainly going to be the success that I hoped it to be!
“We must take note of what resources and options are available to us and what is on the horizon. Over the past year we have focused a great deal..”
As I finished the “Thank you so much for your patient hearing,” I was only to trying to look dispassionate and not too impressed with myself.
Suddenly!
“Very opinionated. See…(yada yada),” said another vertical VP, gruffly and without geniality.
Time to correct some misapprehensions, I thought.
“Sir, doling out funds cautiously in small amounts..”
“Nonsense! I don’t know where you got these figures…”
“Not at all. Absolute, cold facts.”
This another VP turning to my boss, “She is too young…”
At the other end of the table, there was a cough, a stir and jerking of the chair on the floor..
I interjected, “No, no..you are going about the matter without precipitation…”
My VP throws me a quelling “it’s okay, cool it now” glance.
“Thank you. I shall mail across the report to all of you.”, I said.
Me (to my boss, almost evangelically): "I wish I could get him to see my point of view"
Boss: "I see your point of view. Even he does! But you see, his own takes up such a lot of the foreground.."(smiles). "Excellent, kid! Real good! Keep it up"
Me1 (to Me2): May be, I’m better off having a stub at being the president or something!
                                                                              ---
P.S:  In the pink coloured nostalgic pages of my blog, I’ve met fabulous people; with fictional names and real. Thanks to all of you for making my blog so really fantastic!


18 comments:

Amma said...

This is the best side of Srilu. She has the wit, wisdom and wonderful expression. She is going to make it very big one day- may be a President or something! ;)
-Amma

Srinivas said...

Very humorous, very racy! Brilliant! One of your best! My wife hasn't laughed so much in quite some time! :p

This is a classic!

"I’ve had my embarrassing moments; and in the one that occurred now it came home to me that now I was not talking to myself, as I had imagined, but confiding intimate personal 'gyan' sessions to the august gathering!"

It's a pleasure knowing you, kid! I had said on an old post:
I tell my friends and colleagues that you will make it big someday.That day is not very far..My wishes and blessings..

kishore said...

the me1 to me2 conversation is hilarious and the underlying meaning of the post is totally right.thats how the corporate world works.

have been reading you for a few years now, but never commented. as it turns out, my loss. if i had i would have been thanked too....
thanks to you for those wonderful gems you have given us for four years..hope to see more!!!
god bless you..ur mom is right, take a shot at becoming the president:p

Unknown said...

Came to your blog after Srinivas told me about it. You have me in stitches!! Savoring it post by post... s-l-o-w-l-y..

Meanwhile, I shall tell my friends to check it out!

Congratulations! Your writing is brilliant!

Unknown said...

I like the pun intended in your writings. For example, in this post you pointed at the prejudices the seniors hold, yet the description was so sweet; even the other VP would love it:)

Anonymous said...

Many Many Congratulations Ms. Srilakshm Very amazing i say!

Also will be telling people how well i know you and how i have been reading your work since you were this high :) But seriously, excellent!

charlie said...

Oh man!Trust only you to come up with such marvelous reads that just lifts up spirits of a bored person.
This is a splendid post.
Only now can I see what kind of some ritual only report presentation actually is.
No wonder your reports are all called strata-Gems! :)

And the best part is when you give us peek into what exactly goes on in that brilliant head especially when you're interacting with your bosses.

You're indeed too well-equipped for this. Your destiny is something really higher. Best wishes in live.

FAS 2 said...

Abso-bloody-lutely brilliant!!

I read every post on this blog and none I mean NONE comes close to this one as regards the humour quotient. Mailed a dozen friends to check it out! Hats off to you, Goddess! Befitting an anniversary post!
Hail Goddess! Hail FAS!

Anonymous said...

A mellow nostalgic 'pink' bug kept gnawing as long as I read the post! As I read the P.S, it took me back to some beautiful days. I loved that page so much.

Dad said...

Very graphic,full of verve,witty(as you are),racy,and yes you kind of have a prolific way of writing.It is all the more pleasurable that you are my daughter and have the potential to take literature by storm.STORM THEN,srilu and Good Luck to you in all your endeavours---------NANNA 10/10/2009

SA said...

Me1: I can't believe I didn't comment on this post for so long!

Me2: Shame on you!

Me1: May be, I was a little upset that the pink colour changed!

Me2: Don't tell me! But this is the best post on Goddess's blog!

Me1: Yes! Best ever! And Golden jubilee post!

Me2: And haven't YOU been saying forever on this blog that Goddess is better off being 'the president or something'!

Me1: Look at this post! I'm floored, I say!

Me1 and Me2: Happy anniversary, Goddess!

Me1: Well, okay, the new layout is brilliant! Will miss pink!

-puts candle on the burger and blows off-

-SA

Srilakshmi Chodavarapu said...

This post is dedicated to my Mom, without whose encouragement and proof reading, this blog would have been celebrating its platinum jubilee!

Srinivas,
Thank you, Sir! Please count my blog a definite addition to the things that go to make your wife happy and visit this place more often. :)

Kishore,
Praise from you is praise indeed! Are you who I think you are?

Veena,
Oh, thank you!
I think that I fancy you will appreciate some other posts like Somerset Maughamly, Of justice and flashy tails, Take that, etc on my blog.

Anonymous1,
My, O, My! Thanks so much!
Now, who could this be?

FAS,
Hail MFC/FAS! What could I have done without you!

Anonymous2,
Your comment drenches me in a flood of nostalgia and pink-ness. I loved the pink too!

Thank you, Daddy!

SA,
So you did, so you did. Thanks very much.

Srilakshmi Chodavarapu said...

Charlie!

Joyful surprise, this!

Same pinch to you! Your enlivening comment did just that!

Thanks for all your comments on 'The world from 5 feet 2 inches'. They really are wonderful!

Archana said...

Thank God you are back...I almost stopped checking this page!!!!
I was so engrossed in reading the post I missed a lab and ignored the professor when he came for rounds! NOW TELL ME! Am I FAS or NOT!!! Humour is the flavour of this season?

Anonymous said...

This message, is matchless))), it is interesting to me :)

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It gets down to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

me1: this is bullshit.
me2: i agree this is bullshit

 
Creative Commons License
Blog by Srilakshmi Chodavarapu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at srilu121@gmail.com.