Peace.

I always make mental notes of what I want to write and how I want to write it. I usually have about a hundred notes for a post. Most of them, read separately, are almost incoherent. But there's always a moment when these untied strands string together and drape themselves into posts. The notes work themselves backward and forward, until they eventually become quite plausible. I, then, merely write.

So, a post happens when these moments unfurl upon me. Else, the mind gropes in the dark alleys of a hundred incoherent notes, in vain. These notes remain as vague phrases and metaphors, prancing in my head.

Let me marshal the facts. Three months of rummaging through ‘notes’. No ‘moments’. An article on Scott Fitzgerald’s writer's block. I was overwhelmed by nausea. I always thought I could sidestep the block!

“One more day like this and I’m sunk!,” I told my mother.

“Read all your posts this weekend. It might help.” She said.

I read about ten sentences of my Somerset Maughamly.

“This is genuinely strange to me; there are whole sentences I don’t even recognize!”

I stared at my mom in silent horror. I found it scarcely possible to give credence to her idea.

“It is often the way,” she said.

I read for two days. Here and there, I felt the sense that these metaphors, this line, that paragraph, these phrases were exactly like the notes in my mind and the fact was I had written them into posts. It made the whole thing begin to seem far more like a practical working proposition.

I think my mom suspected that all was going thoroughly well.

So, she asked, “How’s it going?”

“Well, I suppose this was inevitable!” I joked.

P.S: Here, in this pool of posts, I found the fetus of my once deserted notes, my aborted themes, and the serendipitous joy of constructing an unsuspecting post!

15 comments:

Sharat said...

Peace for me too. Thanks for these marvels -these exquisitely constructed posts. Everytime you write, feels like the rarest and most beautiful pearls rain from heaven. Ohh
I so love to
lose myself reading them.
This one is special-feels like nirvana.Bless u kind soul. Thanks.
Peace to all.

SA said...

This posts transcends everything! How I shivered in joy as I read through it! Goddess!

-SA

Unknown said...

Please don't let the ripples in your ink dry, there are many who enjoy bathing in your verse-prose-waves.

Unknown said...

I did wonder about the spelling 'fetus'. I thought you followed British English. Did you not call it 'perfectly good English' somewhere? Is it an indication of a paradigm shift or is it just a typo?

Girish

Dad said...

GOD YOU ARE ALMOST REACHING THERE, GOD-SPEED TO YOU.WE MUST NOW START TAKING YOU SERIOUSLY, THERE COULD BE A BOOKER OR WHAT HAVE YOU.KEEP IT UP LITTLE ONE YOU ARE MAKING US PROUD, ALBEIT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO YOUR SCHOLASTIC REALMS OF BRILLIANCE.
WHAT DO YA SAY?

DON'T POP YOUR HEAD OFF YAAR, BE COOL AND WRITE MORE AND MORE OF THESE..THESES

YOURS EVER-DAD

Anonymous said...

Peace....four months, Goddess. Not three. Fans have been waiting so tensely. Ask me! Not a day went without checking your blog. At last the waiting is over.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

love ur posts.
love you more.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Sashi said...

Haha - I admire your ability to extract an interesting post out of a writer's block!

P.S. - Visting your blog after a long time. Great posts!

KC said...

ENVY u.
it was in my mind.

loved reading it. :)

Anonymous said...

You are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

Anonymous said...

Thanks :)
--
http://www.miriadafilms.ru/ купить кино
для сайта srilu121.blogspot.com

Sharat said...

Hey! bet you've got a million ideas and notes bursting to come out of your mind ...so long now since the last spell of magic.

Now is the perfect moment we've all been waiting for. Enthrall us please!

 
Creative Commons License
Blog by Srilakshmi Chodavarapu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at srilu121@gmail.com.